English PLUS Work Programmes
If you are interested in signing up to one of our English Plus Work Programmes, please click the button below to process a submission.
For more details on each programme, please select to expand one of the neighbouring options…
English & Internship Placement EU
Those looking to kick-start their career know that genuine work experience is a requirement sought by many potential employers.
Our English + Internship Programme for EU students guarantees unpaid work experience is a wide range of sectors to give students their first crucial step in the career ladder.
Two packages available:
- 4 weeks AM lessons + 4 to 8 weeks internship – Gross €860 + Placement fee €500
- 6 weeks AM lessons + 12 weeks internship – Gross €1,230 + Placement fee €500
We offer placements in a wide range of sectors:
- Graphic Design
What are the requirements?
- Completed City Language School
- Application Form for Adult courses
- EU passport holder
- CV in English +Cover Letter in English
- E-mail address for the student
- Skype username/Whatsapp No. for interview
- Minimum level of English Upper-Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
What to Expect?
- Most companies will assign a supervisor or mentor to their interns, tasks and hours should be discussed during the interview.
- Some of the tasks maybe unfamiliar to you but you will be shown how to do them and have regular check in’s to see if you have any problems.
- The success of your internship is dependent on you having and open and flexible attitude to learn new things, don’t be afraid to ask questions, the company would expect you to do so.
- Some of the tasks maybe mundane but these are typical tasks that regular employees also do, so you should be prepared to do them also.
- Minimum duration of the employment period is 8 weeks (12 weeks from October 2021)
English & Work Placement EU
Many young people are now looking for paid employment whilst improving their English skills
Our English + Work Placement Programme for EU students guarantees a paid work placement in the Dublin service sector, with a minimum wage of €10.20 per hour
Who can Participate?
- Students who want to improve their overall English language proficiency
- Students who are flexible and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Students who want to work in the service sector in Dublin
- Students who want real-life paid experience, working in real company and putting their new-found English language skills to use
- Students who are able to be in Dublin for a min of 16 weeks (min 4 weeks lessons and min 12 weeks placement)
- Students who are 18+
What are the Requirements?
- Completed City Language School Application Form for Adult courses
- EU passport
- CV in English + Cover Letter in English
- E-mail address for the student
- Whatsapp No. for interview
- Students availability must be for a min of 16 weeks (min 4 weeks lessons and min 12 weeks placement)
- 4 weeks €1000 + workplacement fee €400
- 6 weeks €1,440 + workplacement fee €400
- 8 weeks €1,920 + workplacement fee €400
What to expect?
- One position of paid employment after the study period
Up to 3 job interviews guaranteed considering the student is improving week by week
- Students must be willing to accept all reasonable placement arrangements, concessions or requests for specific industries, positions, working times or pay rates cannot be accepted
- Minimum number of hours of paid employment is 15 hours per week. Depending on the needs of the employer, this may rise or fall
- Minimum wage in Ireland for workers aged 18 and over is €11.30 per hour from Jan 2023
- Minimum duration of the employment period 12 weeks
Week 1 to Week 4
Day 1 – Welcome to City Language School (placement test and orientation tour, receives special leaflet that includes contact details for the Workplacement officer and timetable for weekly meetings)
Week 1 – Introducing City Language School workplacement programme + CV and cover letter review, Bank account and PPS
Week 2 – Interview Etiquette: How to behave in an interview (or any other suggested topic)
Week 3 – Job market in Ireland: How to apply for jobs, where to apply, working hours, employment rights (or any other suggested topic)
Week 4 – Meeting employers & visiting local businesses; jobs interview and job placement
Note: Click the following link to read our Terms and Conditions